Desh-Videsh Special edition on India@75 available with Free Shipping, Grab your copy now!
View Digital Edition
Table of Contents
- India Under PM Modi
- Honorable Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi addresses at the inauguration the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- PM Modi’s address at India Ideas Summit.
- The Modi foreign policy doctrine: India as a smart power
- Indian election: Modi win delivered thanks to faith in economic growth
By Dr Jagannadha Pawan Tamvada is Associate Professor at the Department of Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- August 15, 1947 – From Bondage to Freedom By – Dr Eugene D’Souza
- Quit India
- What did Swaraj mean to Gandhi?
- How the Partition of India happened – and why its effects are still felt today
By Dr. Sarah Ansari, Professor of History, Royal Holloway University of London
- The road to India’s partition
By Dr. Haimanti Roy Associate Professor of History, University of Dayton
- Britain, India and the Koh-i-Noor diamond
By Dr. John MacKenzie, Emeritus Professor of History, Lancaster University
- British Government Must Apologize for the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
By Dr.Sumit Ganguly Distinguished Professor of Political Science and the Tagore Chair in Indian Cultures and Civilizations, Indiana University
- How a British royal’s monumental errors made India’s partition more painful
Dr. Adil Najam Dean, Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies, Boston University
- Secret history: the release of the Mountbatten archives
By Dr. Jenny Hocking Emeritus Professor, Monash University
- Colonialism was a disaster and the facts prove it
By Dr. Joseph McQuade, SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellow, Centre for South Asian Studies, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
- Colonialism in India was traumatic
By Dr. Colin Alexander, Principal Lecturer in Political Communications, Nottingham Trent University
- Churchill and India: imperial chauvinism left a bitter legacy
By Dr. Philip Murphy, Director of the Institute of Commonwealth Studies and Professor of British and Commonwealth History, School of Advanced Study
- Jawaharlal Nehru’s vision for a just and equitable post-colonial world
By Dr. Ian Hall, Deputy Director (Research), Griffith Asia Institute, Griffith University
- The Pledge of Independence
- How Gandhi’s Dandi March Shook the British Empire!
- Natives beaten down by police in India salt bed raid By WEBB MILLER, United Press Staff Correspondent
- The Dandi March and its Long-term effect