A throwback picture from actors Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh’s wedding has surfaced on the internet. Also spotted in the picture are a very young Rekha and an even younger Karisma Kapoor.
Srishti Behl shared the picture on Instagram and wrote, “My beautiful mommy @bubblesbehl at @neetu54‘s wedding! Thanks for sharing @jiteshpillaai.” Farah Khan responded to Srishti’s post and wrote, “Such a precious photo..” Adhuna Bhabani and Sneha Rajani commented with heart emojis.
However, Karisma Kapoor is not fully visible in this cropped version of the picture.
Goldie Behl who commented about him being cropped from the picture shared the original picture on his Instagram handle. He wrote, “SPOT ME IF YOU CAN! Repost from @retrobollywoodusing @RepostRegramApp. “She’s one spontaneous actress I met long ago, who grew to be my friend. A wonderful human being.” – Neetu Singh …Seen here on the wedding day: Bubbles Behl (mother for Goldie Behl and mother in law of Sonali Bendre), Rekha, Neetu, Babita, and toddler Karisma Kapoor. To see the colour version of this picture, head over to our story. Goldie Behl can be seen in the picture too, he’s the little boy on the left who is turned around!”
Neetu Singh and Rishi Kapoor got married in the year 1980. Neetu Singh is seen as a shy bride while Rekha seems to be performing a ritual.
Ayushmann Khurrana and Tahira Kashyap are currently on a vacation in Austria after working tirelessly for almost 6 months. They have had quite an eventful year, both professionally and personally. With Tahira’s recovery and Ayushmann’s professional commitments, the couple has finally taken time off for a much-needed getaway.
The couple keeps sharing Instagram stories from their time away and Tahira even posted a couple of pictures with the caption, “Vacationing after a loooong time. Last year was tough! We literally had the best of both the worlds ???? There were the best of highs and the best of lows too! Though my heart is full of gratitude for both and I don’t know how to explain that! But I needed this calm. This time. This peace. Life is beautiful with you @ayushmannk ❤️ #gratitude #nofilter”.
They are expected to return in a week for Tahira to get back to her directorial debut and Ayushmann to kick-start the promotions for Dream Girl slated to release on September 13.
Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff’s action entertainer War has been shot in some of the most stunning locations of the world. Director Siddharth Anand took two of the biggest action heroes of our generation and filmed them waging a ferocious, merciless showdown against each other in 7 different countries and 15 world cities! While shooting in Porto, Portugal, War shut down the largest bridge for two days for a massive action sequence that left the locals stunned!
“We shot an intense, high-speed action sequence between Hrithik and Tiger in Porto. The high octane scene required Tiger to chase down Hrithik and this extensive sequence needed us to get permission to shut down the main bridge at Porto for two days! The local authorities were extremely supportive and we got all due clearances for us to shoot this adrenaline-pumping scene. However, the locals were stunned! They had never seen their city in lockdown mode ever and they were super curious and came to see which film had locked down their bridge. Their reactions were priceless because they were stunned seeing the kind of action that Hrithik and Tiger were performing!” informs Siddharth.
Touted as the biggest action entertainer of the year, the film will see Hrithik and Tiger pitted against each other in a ferocious showdown. War is set to be a visual spectacle for quintessential action cinema lovers who like to watch the big scale, the edge of the seat entertainers.
Produced by Yash Raj Films, the high-octane film that also stars Vaani Kapoor opposite Hrithik Roshan is set to release in Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu on the big National Holiday of Gandhi Jayanti, October 2.
Kartik Aaryan is currently in Lucknow shooting for his upcoming movie, Pati Patni Aur Woh with Ananya Panday and Bhumi Pednekar. The team has been there for close to a month now and are having a great time shooting for the film. Ananya, Kartik, and Bhumi make sure to constantly keep their fans updated on the shenanigans happening on the sets.
Recently, Kartik Aaryan uploaded a picture from the sets of the film where he is enjoying the delicacies of Lucknow in full swing! He posted the picture with the caption, “Chintu Tyagi on a diet!! Enjoying Lucknow ka laajawaab khana???? #PatiPatniAurWoh”. We would totally love to opt for Kartik’s diet for the film.
Produced by Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series, Pati Patni Aur Woh is slated to release on December 6, this year.
Sonakshi Sinha and Salman Khan are in Rajasthan shooting for the third instalment of the Dabangg franchise. The movie is clearly one of the most awaited ones since Salman’s character Chulbul Pandey became a household name soon after the first film released. Ever since its announcement, Dabangg 3 has been in the news for all the right reasons and the fans are elated to see Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha recreate the magic of Chulbul and Rajjo yet again.
Sonakshi Sinha recently took to her Instagram story to share a candid image of Salman Khan from behind the scenes of the shoot and has yet again managed to drive the fans crazy. The wait for Dabangg 3 gets more and more difficult every time the star cast posts a picture or a video from the sets. Take a look at the picture Sonakshi posted.
Dabangg 3 is slated to release on December 20 with Prabhu Dheva as the director, reuniting him professionally with Salman Khan after almost a decade.
Exclusive: With Inshallah on hold will Sanjay Leela Bhansali bear the brunt of pre-production expenses which runs to over Rs. 15 crores?
When Sanjay Leela Bhansali decided to put on hold his love story, Inshallah on Monday, starring Salman Khan and Alia Bhatt, his decision left many stunned, apparently, including his own team. The reason being, pre-production work had not only started on the movie but a massive set, worth crores, had also been constructed at Mehboob Studios in Mumbai. Alia had shot for a song for three days on the set and Salman was to join her this week. With Inshallah on hold till the fate of the movie is decided by Bhansali himself, the production costs seem will be skyrocketing, which include the salaries and fees of this involved in pre-production, construction of set, location charges in India and USA. The story of Inshallah revolves around the romance between US-based Muslim tycoon in love with small-town girl and aspiring actress from North India.
A trade source says, “Inshallah was a Sanjay Leela Bhansali Production. It’s said that the filmmaker has paid out of his pocket the pre-production expenses till now as no studio is on board the project as yet. Apparently, Salman had offered to take over the production reins and offered to fund the film in total but while discussions were still on, the project fell apart. But pre-production expenses have cost the filmmaker even before the project started and if rumours are to be believed, he has apparently, shelled out almost Rs. 15 crore from his own pocket. He started the movie more than a year ago and apart from investing in the shoot, money was spent on pre-production, the salaries of every department and part of Team Inshallah. Bhansali has to pay those off too.”
The source adds that Bhansali had blocked Mehboob Studio in Bandra for the month of August. “He’s known to shoot in complete privacy and didn’t like people taking pictures on their cell phones and leaking out the look of the film so he preferred to block the full studio which is why news of the shoot didn’t reach many years. Blocking a studio for so long would cost almost a crore as he had taken over the entire studio. Alia was also paid a signing amount and her song (which featured Salman this week) was shot on a grand set for three days a few days ago. The filmmaker is known to shoot on sets worth crores. The team was to go to Varanasi, Rishikesh and Haridwar after that to shoot Alia’s character and then fly to Orlando and the beaches of Miami for Salman’s scenes. Other actors too had been finalised for the film and they had been paid their signing amounts, so yes money had been invested in Inshallah before it properly rolled. If the filmmaker did pay out of his pocket amount, he would be at a loss today, unless the film rolls again.”
It’s National Sports day and the netizens are celebrating the day by acknowledging all our great sportspersons. And interestingly, today, master blaster Sachin Tendulkar treated fans with a special video in which he was seen playing gully cricket with Abhishek Bachchan and Varun Dhawan.
“It’s always good to mix work with play. Had a lot of fun playing cricket with the crew during a shoot and was pleasantly surprised with Varun dropping by along with Abhishek who joined us for some time,” Sachin Tendulkar captioned the video. They had a gala time as Varun and Abhishek were quick to respond to the cricket legend.
Abhishek responded by saying, “Been trying to control my excitement since yesterday…. A dream come true! Thank you for not smacking my ball out of the park.”
Varun had a fan moment with Sachin Tendulkar and wrote “#SportPlayingNation a brilliant initiative this is sir. Had a lot of fun running into you that day sir.”
Meanwhile, the nation was celebrating Fit India Movement by PM Narendra Modi.
Kirti Kulhari, who is currently riding high on the success of her film Mission Mangal, has flown to London for the shooting for her next film The Girl On The Train starring alongside Parineeti Chopra and Aditi Rao Hydari.
A source says, “Kirti has flown to London for a month-long schedule and will be seen in a never seen before avatar in the film. This project marks her second collaboration with Director Ribhu Das Gupta after Netflix original series Bard of Blood which will be releasing on 27th September.”
“Kirti has never left any stone unturned to get into the skin of the character, be it learning shooting for URI, stammering for Indu sarkar or experimenting with her looks in each of the projects. This time Kirti will be seen without any make-up in the film,” the source added
Says Kirti, “Yes, I will be seen without makeup in this film The Girl On the Train. I like staying away from make up and I am glad that I will not have to do it for this film. I am sure I will enjoy every bit of the filming experience.”
Kirti Kulhari will next be seen in Netflix’s Bard of Blood which will be releasing on 27th September, Four More Shots Please Season 2, another film called Bataashawhere she will be seen playing a Musician.
FIT INDIA MOVEMENT: Bollywood celebs celebrate National Sports Day and fitness day by sharing their secrets
It’s National Sports Day where people are not only celebrating all kinds of sports but also encouraging everyone to become involved in sports and living a healthy lifestyle. With that being said, PM Narendra Modi’s fitness movement called Fit India Movement was also a part of the initiative where he urged everyone to participate in all kinds of sports to stay fit and healthy.
Bollywood celebrities like Shilpa Shetty, Mallika Sherawat, Anupam Kher among others shared their fitness secrets and what kind of lifestyle they lead. Some talked about swimming whereas others talked about yoga.
Tiger Shroff, Bollywood’s action star and stupendous dancer, is known to have been a huge fan of late pop star Michael Jackson. The actor has often mentioned MJ in his interviews or paid tribute via his dance videos. The King Of Pop was known for his incredible music and dancing capabilities. With hits after hits, sold-out stadiums, and record-breaking albums, he became a legend. The pop sensation passed away a few years ago but the world continues to celebrate him through his music and dance.
As the world is celebrating the King Of Pop Michael Jackson’s birthday today, we bring you all the times Tiger Shroff paid tribute to MJ in his own way. From his slick dance moves to aceing the moonwalk, the actor has been making sure the legend lives on.
Meanwhile, on the work front, Tiger Shroff will be next starring in Yash Raj Films’ War alongside Hrithik Roshan. It is set to release on October 2, 2019.
The Sky is Pink is an incredible love story of a couple -Aditi (Priyanka Chopra Jonas) and Niren Chaudhary (Farhan Akhtar), told through the lens of their spunky teenage daughter Aisha Chaudhary (Zaira Wasim) who was diagnosed with a terminal illness. Spanning over three decades, the family moves countries, challenge science, change faith and are constantly tested in their love and relationships.
Recently, a few still from behind-the-scenes were released and waiting for the film is getting more and more difficult. This slice of life film revolves around how a couple decided to celebrate the life of their terminally ill kid instead of mourning. Take a look at the pictures!
Produced by RSVP and Roy Kapur Films, in association with Ivanhoe Pictures and Purple Pebble Pictures the film is written and directed by National Award-winning filmmaker Shonali Bose and stars Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Farhan Akhtar, Zaira Wasim and Rohit Saraf. The film is slated to release on October 11, 2019.
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone are currently in London while they shoot for their first movie together after marriage. The duo will be seen portraying the roles of Kapil Dev and Romi Dev in Kabir Khan’s ’83 and have been shooting for the same for a couple of months now. While the shooting keeps them occupied, the couple makes sure to spend some quality time together.
Ranveer and Deepika were spotted on the streets of London where they walked hand-in-hand and were followed by some fans. They were also spotted in a restaurant and even posed for a couple of pictures. They look oh-so-in-love and we just can’t get over them! Take a look at the pictures and videos from their outing.
’83 is slated to release on April 10, 2020, and will revolve around the first World Cup won by the Indian cricket team post-Independence.
Happy Birthday Nagarjuna: The superstar to celebrate his 60th birthday with Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Akkineni in Spain
Telugu superstar Nagarjuna is celebrating his 60th birthday today, August 29 and it seems like he has big plans to celebrate his day. The actor is currently in Ibiza, Spain, along with his family and close friends. While his short vacation will end soon, it plans to celebrate it with his sons Akhil Akkineni, Naga Chaitanya and daughter-in-law Samantha Prabhu Akkineni.
Nagarjuna will be having an intimate celebration with his family and close friends around. With that being said, the actor will be returning to India to shoot for Bigg Boss Telugu. Samantha Prabhu has been updating her social media with her vacation photos and it seems like the family is enjoying their trip to Ibiza.
On the work front, Nagarjuna was last seen in Manmadhudu 2 alongside Rakul Preet Singh. He will also be returning to Hindi cinema with Brahmastra alongside Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor, Dimple Kapadia and Mouni Roy. The film will be releasing in summer 2020.
Varun Dhawan has recently completed shooting for Street Dancer 3D and has now moved on to the shoot of Coolie No. 1. He has already completed the first schedule of the film in Bangkok and is usually spotted rehearsing dance moves with his co-star, Sara Ali Khan. With projects lined up back-to-back, Varun’s recent Instagram post is driving his fans crazy!
The actor posted pictures from what looks like an advertisement shoot, where he has donned the rockstar avatar and the pictures have rebooted his Student Of The Yearcharacter, Rohan Nanda for us! Varun couldn’t help but caption them as, “ROHAN NANDA ????????????all grown up ???? @prasadnaaik”
Take a look at the pictures.
Street Dancer 3D also stars Shraddha Kapoor and Nora Fatehi and is slated to release on January 24, 2020, with Remo D’souza as its helmer. As for Coolie No. 1, the David Dhawan directorial is slated to release on May 1, 2020.
Acting for many is largely about learning – be it learning a new language, immersing yourself into your character’s personality. For actor Emraan Hashmi, who plays Kabir Anand, a spy and intelligence officer in Netflix’s upcoming espionage thriller Bard of Blood, it was all this and more. This is the first time in his career that Emraan is playing an out-and-out action role– the role of a spy fighting behind the scenes for the safety of his own men and, along the way, how he addresses some of his own unfinished business.
Based on a book of the same name by Bilal Siddiqui, Bard of Blood follows Kabir, an erstwhile hostage rescue specialist, formerly a part of the Indian intelligence, as he races against time on a mission to save his country. Especially after reading the book, Emraan was determined to take up all the challenges that came across to do full justice to the character of Kabir Anand.
When asked about his relationship with the book and the series, Emraan Hashmi said, “I had launched Bilal’s book almost five years ago. I read the book after the launch, at that time it wasn’t sanctioned for a Netflix show, later it was. The cherry on the top was that I was cast as Kabir Anand. I started liking the book back then when I was reading it and was engrossed in the world of Kabir Anand .”
To essay this character, Emraan had to prepare both physically and mentally to accurately portray the role of a spy. He had to delve deep into the discipline that goes into learning the body language of an intelligence agent. From something as complex as learning new and varied action sequences to something as simple as holding a gun in the correct manner, he had to train for everything in the quest for perfection.
Veteran stunt director Ryan Sturz (of ‘Captain Marvel’, ‘Den of Thieves’, ‘Logan’ fame) directed the action sequences of Bard of Blood. He was meticulous when it came to the kind of guns and props that were used in the show. He ensured that Emraan learned how to correctly hold different types of guns and how to fire each one of them, of course, while keeping the actor’s safety in mind.
Emraan’s dedication and hard work has shone through in every frame of Bard of Blood, which will leave the audience wanting more. The show will be launched on the 27th of September, 2019 only on Netflix. All episodes of the series will be launched at the same time exclusively on Netflix to 151 million users across 190 countries.
Over the years, Ajay Devgn has been a part of several interesting films and one of them his Gangaajal. The film was a hard-hitting drama starring Ajay and Gracy Singh in lead roles. Today, the actor is celebrating 16 years since the film released.
Ajay Devgn took to Twitter to say that the film was the right voice at the right time. He wrote, “16 years of #Gangaajal. A film that was an eye-opener on corruption, caste-politics and other social evils. Found the right voice at the right time.”
Directed by Prakash Jha, Gangaajal was a crime drama which revolved around an IPS officer Amit Kumar who leads his corrupt force to fight against the corrupt politician. It was a hit at the box office.
Meanwhile, Ajay Devgn is currently working on several projects including Bhuj: The Pride Of India, Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior, Maidaan, Chanakya among others.
It has been a tradition for decades now: when a new lead pair starts out together, they usually begin with a romantic film—and a musical one at that. Oftener than not, the album driver is a romantic duet—at least one—that propels their popularity and—if the film is a hit—their stardom.
The trend of sorts with Bobby in 1973 and went all the way to Kaho Naa…Pyaar Haiin 2000. After this came a lull as we simply missed such love anthems for the many newer actors who came in since in pairs. However, this now age-old custom may get a fillip if the song from Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas—its title-track by Arijit Singh and Parampara—does the requisite numbers in an era when success is measured differently and digitally.
Here are 10 love duets that became anthems for major stars in their films. Most of them also remain “Signature Tunes” (the first song thought of when an artiste comes to mind).
1. ‘Hum Tum Ek Kamre Mein Band Ho’ (Bobby): To say that this peppy love duet created a national sensation would be an understatement. Anand Bakshi’s naughty lines in the innocent early seventies was just that much bold to be on the right side of propriety,with a ‘Choli Ke Peeche’ kind of twist in the words of the question-answer mukhda, 20 years before it! Shailendra Singh was instantly identified as the voice of Rishi Kapoor, and Lata Mangeshkar, reuniting with Raj Kapoor after almost a decade, sounded as young as the teenage Dimple Kapadia.
The film had an all-hit Laxmikant-Pyarelal score that contributed hugely to its mammoth success, with three duets filmed on the lead pair, and later ‘Jhooth Bole Kauwa Kaate’ became an equal rage. These songs consolidated the Teenage Icon label on Rishi Kapoor.
2. ‘Dekho Maine Dekha Hai’ (Love Story): Amit Kumar, who had been shortlisted for Bobby, got a major break when Rajendra Kumar cast him as son Kumar Gaurav’s first voice. Here again, it was Lata Mangeshkar for the young heroine, Vijayta Pandit, and Bakshi was again there, writing the catchy lines. Later, ‘Yaad Aa Rahi Hai’ became more celebrated, but unlike with Bobby, Kumar Gaurav, until he faded out, did support Amit Kumar and they went on to do more films, especially under R.D. Burman. And Amit’s voice perfectly fitted the sober youth of the hero.
3. ‘Tere Mere Beech Mein’ (Ek Duuje Ke Liye): This was a humdinger that made Raag Shivranjani famous for over a decade in Hindi films, thanks to its distinct pitching. S.P. Balasubramaniam and Lata Mangeshkar (again) sang three duets, including the title-song. The all-hit score was brilliant, and this song towered above them all. In the 1980s, whatever Laxmikant-Pyarelal did, other composers followed, and SPB was thus associated with Kamal Haasan in later films as well. But he remained essentially the voice of Kamal and Rajinikanth till Maine Pyar Kiya at the end of the decade.
4. ‘Jab Hum Jawan Honge’ (Betaab): Dharmendra, in his own words, would have loved Mohammed Rafi to be the first voice of his son Sunny Deol. But Rafi was no longer around, and Shabbir Kumar was making waves, having recorded for Amitabh Bachchan in Coolie and Anil Kapoor in Woh 7 Din. And so, R.D. Burman, for once, went the Rafi way and with Anand Bakshi’s fab words, fashioned an all-hit Rafi-ian score. Lata Mangeshkar, too, was omnipresent, but Shabbir became, for a long while, the preferred voice of this tough hero with the soft face and heart.
5. ‘Tu Mera Jaanu Hai’ (Hero): The Laxmikant-Pyarelal-Anand Bakshi score not only created the hype for the new hero Jackie Shroff and the one-flop-old nonentity Meenakshi Seshadri, but also made the film sail through the initial two weeks when it opened and remained dull. Later, Hero was to emerge as 1983’s biggest blockbuster, with the music giving a new lease of life to singer Manhar and consolidating big-time for Anuradha Paudwal. Manhar and Jackie became an enduring team for a decade and more, and the music, with its other chartbusters including ‘Lambi Judaai’ an all-time perennial. Manhar’s deeply sonorous and intense voice was the perfect match for the tough Greek God hero.
6. ‘Ae Mere Humsafar’ (Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak): The instant chartbuster may have been ‘Papa Kehte Hain’ but there were three Udit Narayan-Alka Yagnik duets in the film and from these, the placid ‘Ae Mere Humsafar’ was the popular winner. Udit Narayan was established as the prime voice of Aamir Khan, and Alka Yagnik, inexorably almost, rose to the top among the female voices of the post-Lata generation. This time, an even more senior lyricist called the young shots—Majrooh Sultanpuri—working with young composers Anand-Milind. Somewhere, Aamir’s fiercely individualistic and ambitious streak was both inspired by and connected to his music here, and Uduit and Alka became the preferred singers for the two young stars.
7. ‘Dil Deewana’ (Maine Pyar Kiya): S.P. Balasubramaniam finally made a mark as the voice of a Mumbai star in this Salman Khan-Bhagyashree launch. Lata Mangeshkar was the “vocal and very young” heroine, and another veteran lyricist, Asad Bhopali, wrote the peppy songs, with Dev Kohli coming in for a couple of them. Raamlaxman composed the epic score. Salman Khan’s initially languorous lover-boy image probably had a lot to do with SPB’s mellifluous and placid voice that endured for at least six more films for him, including Love, Saajan, Patthar Ke Phool and Hum Aapke Hain Koun!… .
8. ‘Jaan-E-Jigar Jaaneman’ (Aashiqui): This Nadeem-Shravan-Sameer creation led the other songs on the popularity charts initially in this all-hit-and-many-duets score, while ‘Nazar Ke Saamne’ won the longevity race. It was no fault of the composers or lyricists that lead pair Rahul Roy and Anu Agarwal did not make it, but this music created history and established Kumar Sanu as the new super-voice. Anuradha Paudwal improved upon her ‘80s success as the first young viable substitute for the Mangeshkars. And for the record, Sanu remained the voice of Rahul Roy in some more films and the musical telefilm Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Ayee.
9. ‘Dheere Dheere Pyar Ko Badhaana Hai’ (Phool Aur Kaante): Nadeem-Shravan and Sameer with their favourite pair of Sanu-Alka created a fluid duet for Ajay Devgn and Madhoo in their debut super-hit. The other songs did well too. Madhoo did not have a great career, and it was left to Sanu to remain Ajay Devgn’s prime voice for a long time.
10. ‘Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai’ (Kaho Naa…Pyaar Hai): Udit Narayan’s effervescence and Alka Yagnik’s ebullience seemed tailor-made for the vibrant and uninhibited newbie pair of Hrithik Roshan and Amisha Patel. A mood composition with perfect orchestration and lyrics by Ibrahim Ashq set to rollicking music from Hrithik’s uncle Rajesh Roshan helped the dream debut in this super-hit album. Though four voices were tried out for Hrithik in this film, it was Udit’s young tenor that helped established Hrithik’s persona as a bright, youthful hero.
Arjun Kapoor and Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl’s director Sharan Sharma’s childhood pictures will leave you stunned!
Sharan Sharma makes his directorial debut with Janhvi Kapoor starrer Gunjan Saxena – The Kargil Girl and producer Tanuj Garg took to his social media to share a couple of childhood pictures along with Arjun Kapoor and they are too cute to miss. To sum it up, Arjun Kapoor’s mother Mona Kapoor was best friends with Sharan’s mother Sangeena Sharma and hence they spent quite a lot of time together as kids.
As Sharan steps in Bollywood with one of the most awaited stories, Tanuj couldn’t help but be proud of him. Janhvi Kapoor, Angad Bedi, and Pankaj Tripathi will be seen playing pivotal roles in the film among the others and as the first looks of the film have been released, the fans are going in a frenzy. Tanuj posted the pictures with a heartfelt caption as he wishes Sharan good luck on his journey ahead.
Take a look at the pictures.
Gunjan Saxena – The Kargil Girl is slated to release on March 13, 2020, and revolves around the first female air force pilot who entered an active Kargil warzone with utmost bravery.