Easy and Delicious Diwali Sweets
Posted on: October 31, 2018 by: Deshvidesh
|Diwali is time for celebration, and no celebration is complete with delicious treats! While fried, sugar laden mitai are favored during the festival season, some healthier options are available – and no less tasty!
Try these recipes and share with friends and neighbors. No one can resist a delectable mitai given with love and the spirit of finding in good in all.
|Coconut Truffle Ladoos
This easy to make recipe comes together in less than an hour. Make a big batch to share with friends and neighbors.Ingredients• 2 tablespoons ghee
• 2 cups dried shredded coconut
• 1⅓ cups full fat coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
• ⅓ cup coconut sugar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
- Warm ghee in a wide bottomed non stick pan. Add shredded coconut and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes. Toast the coconut and continue stirring until there is a fragrant smell.
- Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then add the sugar and cardamom.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for 20-25 minutes. The mixture will thicken as the milk is absorbed by the coconut. Continue to watch mixture and stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, turn off heat and let cool.
- Using 1 tablespoon of mixture, roll into balls. If desired, roll balls in shredded coconut.
If you’re looking for a modern fusion of fall and Indian inspired flavors, this is the recipe to try. Warm and comforting, pumpkin halwa is perfect to serve at your next Diwali meal!
• ⅓ cup ghee
• 1 medium pie pumpkin, peeled and grated
• 1 cup full fat coconut milk
• ½ cup coconut sugar (adjust to taste)
• ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons golden raisins
• 2 tablespoons cashew halves and slivered almonds
- Heat ghee in a large, wide-bottomed nonstick pan.
- Add the grated pumpkin and saute on medium for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the water cooks out and the pumpkin changes color. (Prepare pumpkin by using a food processor to grate. One medium pie pumpkin should yield about 5 cups of grated pumpkin.)
- Reduce heat to low, and add the milk. Cook pumpkin for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Once soft, add the sugar, cardamom, salt, and raisins. Stir mixture continuously until the pumpkin thickens and becomes shiny.
- Remove from heat and serve warm garnished with nuts.
Posted on: 11-2-2018 by: Deshvidesh