Incredible India! – Amazing facts about Gujarat!
Posted on: June 8, 2007 by: Deshvidesh
- Gujarat is one of the most prosperous states of the country with a per capita GDP 3.2 times India’s average.
- If Gujarat was a nation, it would be the 67th richest nation in the world above many European and Asian economies like China and Ukraine.
- Gujarat holds many records in India for economic development:
- – 20% of India’s industrial output
– 9% of India’s mineral production
– 22% of India’s exports
– 24% of India’s textile production
– 35% of India’s pharmaceutical products
– 51% of India’s petrochemical production
- The world’s largest ship breaking yard is in Gujarat near Bhavnagar at Alang.
- Reliance Petroleum Limited, a company of Reliance Industries Limited founded by Dhirubhai Ambani, operates the oil refinery at Jamnagar which is the world’s largest grass roots refinery.
- Gujarat ranks first nationwide in gas-based thermal electricity generation with national market share of over 8%. The state ranks second nationwide in nuclear electricity generation with national market share of over 1%.
- Over 20% of the S&P CNX 500 conglomerates have corporate offices in Gujarat.
- Over 35% of stock market wealth in India resides with Gujaratis.
- Over 60% of Indian population in North America is Gujarati.
- The average income of a Gujarati family in North America is three times more than the average income of an American family.
- Gujarat has the longest sea shore compared to any other Indian state.
- Gujarat has the highest number of operating airports in India.
- A total of 16% of Indian’s investments are from Gujarat.
- Gujarat has the highest number of vegetarian people compared to any other state in India.
- The first all vegetarian Pizza Hut was opened in Ahmedabad.
- Ahmedabad is the commercial capital of Gujarat and is the seventh largest city in India.
- Surat is the fastest growing city in the world.
- Gandhinagar is the Greenest capital city in all of Asia.
- The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) located in Gujarat is Asia’s first management college, and among the world’s management colleges, it ranks 45th.
- Gujarat is the safest state in India as the crime rate is 8.2, which is the lowest in India even after considering the 2002 communal riots, as stated by India Today 2005 report.
- Gujarat has the lowest crime against women among all Indian states (excluding Goa). Andra Pradesh ranks number 1, Delhi is 2nd, Bihar is 3rd, Zarakhand is 4th, and Uttar Pradesh is 5th.
- Ahmedabad, the seventh largest city in India, has the lowest crime rate among all Tier I and Tier II cities of India as per the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) report.
- Ahmedabad is ranked 2nd in real estate, 3rd in policy initiatives, and 4th in manpower, all ahead of major Indian cities such as Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Calcutta, Mumbai, and Delhi.
Categories: Incredible Indians